zaterdag 2 maart 2013

Chapter 40

No no no no just no. This cannot be true. "GARY!!" I yelled again. I knelt down and picked the small white pill from the floor. What the hell?! I heard Gary running up the stairs and turned around. "Look what I found..." I said with a shaky voice. "Oh fuck. Jesus christ no!" Gary took the pill out of my hands and put it in his pocket. He walked straight to a door and kicked it open. It was Robbie's bedroom. I followed quickly and looked inside, there was nobody in here. Gary opened some drawers looking for something I guess. "Shall I check the other rooms?" I asked as Gary kept on searching. "Yes honey, check the bathroom." 

I looked at Gary for another few seconds and then walked out of the room. Where the hell was the bathroom? I opened the door at the other side off the hallway. Just a room with music stuff. Fuck this. "Gaz where's the bathroom?" I shouted as I walked to another door. "End of the hall on the left!" Oh great, I turned around and rushed back to the end of the hall. I tried to open the door on the left side but it was locked. "Gary it's locked!" I pushed my shoulder against it hoping the lock would break but it didn't.  Oh no what if he's in there? I laid down on the floor and closed one eye trying to look through the small gab underneath the door. I saw more white pills. Fuck no no! "Gary quick!" I shouted shaking. The bedroom door opened and Gary came running out. "What's wrong?" "It's locked and there are pills everywhere on the floor." "Okay step back." I did what he said and watched as he put his shoulder against the door holding the doorhandle in his right hand. He smashed his body a few times against the door but nothing happened. "Jesus..." he hissed. He took a few steps back and looked at me. "Together?" I nodded and pushed my shoulder against the door as Gary took another few steps back. "One, two, three..." he ran towards the door and smashed his whole body weight against it. The lock broke and the door flew open with a loud bang. We stepped inside and there he was. Robbie lay on the floor, foam covered his mouth. His eyes were slightly open and looked up. He lay on his front his arms clumsy underneath his body. Gary knelt down placing two fingers in his neck. "Call 911" he said quickly.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocked and dialed the number. I gave the adress and hung up. "5 minutes." I said as Gary pulled Robbie up and lifted him over his shoulder. "Let's take him downstairs. Oh and take some pills and their package." He said as he pointed to the ground. I knelt down and grabbed the little things while Gary walked downstairs. I took as many as I could, they were not all the same. Some were bigger than others so I took the three packages I could find and put them in my backpocked.

As I walked downstairs I could hear the sirens arriving. I looked down at Gary who picked Rob up again and walked outside. I followed and ran over to the ambulance.  Suddenly everything went so quick. They placed Robbie on a bed and pushed him inside the ambulance before shutting the doors. "We'll follow you!" Gary said and he grabbed my hand before running over to our car. I quickly sat down and closed the door. Gary started the engine and drove fast behind the ambulance over the road. I looked up at him and he turned his head slightly, our eyes looking into each other for a second before he looked at the road again. But that one second eye contact said enough to tell he was worried. Really worried.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten