zondag 10 februari 2013

Chapter 29

"He.. h-he did things to me Gary..."  

"What did he do Eve?" Gary brushes his fingers through my hair softly while I was still crying against his shoulder. "Shh... it's okay baby you can tell me." I pulled away looking him in he eyes. "H-he wanted me to strip down infront of him... a-and..." I shighed deeply several times trying to get myself together.. "he wanted me to sort him out..." I closed my eyes resting my head in Gary's chest again. "But I didn't want to Gary, so I tried to kick him out of the house but he is was to strong and then..." tears were burning behind my eyes again as I looked up at Gary. "He kicked me in my stomach."
There was a silence filling the room. Gary looked at me with heartbroken eyes. "Evelyn... did you bleed?" He asked with cracking voice. "A little..." "O my God, Eve I'm taking you to the hospital right now..." Gary grabbed me at my waist pulling me behind him. He grabbed our coats and ran to his car. Keeping the door open for me as he quickly sat down himself in the driver's seat. He drove way too fast and dangerous so I grabbed the passengers seat tight underneath me. "Baby be carefull." 

What normally takes half an hour we arrived at the hospital in ten minutes.. Gary jumped out the car and opened my door helping me up. He moved his arm around my waist as he quickly walked towards the entrance. It was quiet in the hall, there was no one to be seen.

*Gary's POV*

I ran to the information desk where a blond girl was typing away on her computer.  "Excuse me, I think my girlfriend has had a miscarriage.  Is there someone available to check?" The woman looked up at me widening her eyes. O no not now... "y-yeah sure let me check." She looked down on her screen. "Mr. Brown is available. He's in room 4 over there I'll call him." She pointed at a door at the other side of the hall. I pulled Evelyn behind me walking towards the door. I knocked a few times before walking in.

*Evelyn's POV*

Mr. Brown shook our hands and pointed at the bed. "You can lay down there and remove your shirt as I will grab some things okay? " I nodded quickly and pulled my shirt over my head. I gave it to Gary as I made myself as comfortable as possible on the hard bed. Gary sat down beside me and grabbed my hand. Kissing my knuckles softly. "Did you lose a lot of blood?" Mr. Brown asked while he walked into the room again. "I can't really remember but I think it was quite a bit..." I said looking at him. He put some gel on my belly before moving over it with the cold transducer.  I looked quickly towards the screen but I couldn't make out anything of what I saw.

*Gary's POV*

I looked hopefully to the doctor who was still moving that weird thing over Eve's belly. "Can you see anything?" I asked after a moment when he was still searching on the screen. I looked down at Evelyn who looked back at me with scared eyes. I stroke my hand over her forehead hoping she would relax a bit more. But she kept shaking slightly.  Mr. Brown pulled the gear away and looked down at us. He looked from Eve to me and back leting out a sigh. "I'm afraid you've had a miscarriage..."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten