zondag 6 januari 2013

Chapter 8


Gary was playing some keys and wrote something down on the paper in front of him. After a few
minutes I was still standing in the doorway listening.
He turned around  and looked up jumping at the same time. ‘woah Eve you scared the hell out of me
babe.’ I laughed  walking towards him. ‘don’t worry I won’t harm you.’ I said wrapping my arms
 around him. ‘mm I  know you won’t.’ he said kissing  my forehead. For a few minutes we stood there
 in the doorway just hugging each other. I felt so safe in his strong arms. ‘Did I hurt you last night?’ he
 suddenly asked. ‘no why do you think that?’ I said worried. ‘Because I was a little harsh…’ he said
 dropping his eyes  down. ‘no no Gary, really you didn’t hurt me at all It felt way better.’ I said pulling
 his face up so I  looked him in the eyes. ‘So I did hurt you.’ ‘No Gary you didn’t.’ i said. I don’t know
 why he’s making such a big deal out of it… ‘you just said it felted better, so it felt better than the
 pain that was going  along with it…’ for a few seconds I stayed quiet. I didn’t really know what to say.
 Gary walked out with his head in his hands. Shit that wasn’t my idea of surprising him…

I searched for Gary but I just couldn’t find him anywhere. Well it was a huge house so maybe he
didn’t show me all of the rooms but still. I didn’t want him to think that he hurt me, actually he
didn’t hurt me that much. Suddenly I heard a noise somewhere close to the stairs.  I walked towards the sound and searched for a door or something under the stairs. I heard Gary talking to someone on the phone. I just stood there and listened for a while. He was talking to his mum I noticed when he said ‘mum’ a few times. I smiled and walked upstairs to the bedroom to put some decent clothes on.

Half an hour later Gary still wasn’t there. I walked down the stairs  and stood still at the same place as before. I didn’t hear Gary anymore. Shit where is he? I walked to the living room, kitchen… no Gary. He wasn’t even in his studio although his laptop was still on. I took a seat and looked on the screen. A document was running so I clicked on it. It showed some lyrics of a new song.;

My love if I ever hurt you - I will take away your pain  -  I will always run towards you  - Whenever you call my name  -  If my love can’t heal your wounds  -  I will pick you up from the ground   -  I will carry you to the stars   -    and hold you like an angel in my arms.

A little tear flowed down my face. It was so beautiful, I believe he wrote it when I stood in the doorway a few hours ago. I had to find him, right now. I wanted to feel his strong arms around me.             I wanted him to kiss me and make love to me. I wanted to hold him forever. More tears were rolling down my face. I needed him. I don’t know why I did it but I wrote another verse underneath his lines.

You touched my life just like an angel    -   If I saw one it was right there in your eyes  -   I know one who had no wings  -   But your heart made it fly   -   Now I can tell you about this angel  -   I wanted to be beside   -   I decided I wanted to fly with him   -    Right up through the skies.

 It was rubbish but it meant a lot to me those lines. Gary was my angel, I had no wings but he made me feel like I was in heaven. I wanted to be with him forever although I’ve only known him for a few weeks. It felt so good to be around him. And now he thinks he hurt me, and ran away just because he’s ashamed. Tears were burning behind my eyes again when suddenly the doorbell rang.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten